20 MHz Sweep/Function Generator.
The only Frequency Generator capable of outputting 8 Frequencies Simultaneously.
GB-4000 (5.4 watts peak power output).
Just a few of the GB-4000 and SR-4 Benefits
Power and Running Multiple frequencies
|(View Our Printable Brochure)|
The GB4000 Frequency Generator Technical Specifications and Features…..
Stand Alone Frequency Generator: Unlike some generators on the market today the GB-4000
was designed to be a simple to use, easy to operate, stand alone frequency generator requiring no
complicated computer interface to use all of its features. Computer operated generators generally
work well but many people do not feel comfortable having to use a computer to operate all of a
frequency generator's options. Our customers appreciate that they are not required to have a
computer to operate any of our instrument's capabilities. The computer software for programming
frequencies into the GB-4000 is an option, not a necessity. Its software was designed specifically not to be a hard to use computer interface. But it is for programming channels with frequencies and
restoring any lost programmed channels that may be accidentally deleted by the user. The following are some of the GB-4000 features.
- Programmable channels: 2000.
- Channel capability: 48 frequencies in sequence or 8 groups capable of holding 8 frequencies each.
- Computer software: GB-4000 programmable software included.
- Outputs: Four - 2 red and 2 black.
- Power output: Variable up to 5.4 watts peak power.
- Voltage output in Audio Mode: 36 volts peak to peak.
- Voltage output in RF mode: Over 100 volts peak to peak making it over 27 times more powerful than
most standard frequency generators.
- Frequency output: Digitally accurate frequencies converted to analog using a DAC.
- Frequency range: 1 to 20 million Hertz.
- Two circuits capable of output frequencies.
- "Audio Mode" circuit capable of outputting 8 frequencies simultaneously from 1 to 40,000 Hertz and 1 frequency up to 400,000 Hertz. This circuit uses not RF carrier frequency.
- Eight audio frequency range resolution: 1/100th of a Hertz.
- "RF Mode" circuit capable of outputing 8 frequencies simultaneously from 1 to 40,000 Hertz and two frequencies from 1 to 20 million Hertz.
- Waveforms: Square and Sine wave. Square wave to 150,000 Hertz. Sine to 20,000,000 Hertz
- Duty cycle capability: 10% to 100% square wave duty cycle.
- Gating or pulsing range: 1 - 5000 Hertz.
- Gating duty cycle range: 10% - 90%.
- Carrier wave frequency: Now with new 3.1 MHz RF (Radio Frequency) capable of producing harmonic sidebands like the 1930's, 1940's and 1950's equipment.
- Carrier wave on and off capability: Carrier wave can be turned off so the user can operate it as a
standard audio frequency generator.
- Channel sweep: Variable- 2 Hertz to 20,000 Hertz or 1 Hertz to 10,000 Hertz + and - of the target
frequency or frequencies in all 2000 channels.
- Standard sweep: 1 to 20 million Hertz.
- Converge sweeps: Two frequencies from 1 Hertz to 20 million Hertz.
- L.E.D: RF indicator light confirms RF output.
- Display: LCD.
- AC adapters: Two switching 110/240 volt power supplies for worldwide use.
- The GB-4000 is priced at $1725.00. This price includes shipping in the USA.
Please contact your distributor to order the GB-4000.
Why Power Output Is Important In A Frequency Generator? When comparing the various instruments, power output is a very important consideration. This is the reason the GB-4000 uses a carrier frequency so that more power can be output.
The power output of most frequency generators on the market today that do not use an RF carrier frequency is only about 0.20 of a watt. The GB-4000 with the use of an RF carrier is about 5.4 watts peak power and is over 27 times more powerful than these instruments. With the use of the optional SR-4 15 watts RMS and 30 watts peak power amplifier it is 150 times more powerful.
SR-4 1-30 Megahertz Amplifier.
1-30 watts peak power output.
Want more power than 5.4 watts? Then the SR-4 may be what you are looking for. It was developed for
those who want more power. It connects to the GB-4000 using a BNC cable and BNC connections. Like
the GB-4000 it outputs through wires. This method has been used for many years and works very well.
The SR-4 1-15 watt RMS or 30 watts peak power amplifier only amplifies the RF (radio frequency) frequencies output by the GB-4000. It amplifies the output of the GB-4000 from 5.4 watts peak power to 30 watts peak power depending on the frequency used.
In Audio Mode no RF carrier frequency is used. Also in Audio Mode the GB-4000 outputs 36 volts peak to
peak which is about 0.75 or 3/4 of a watt. The GB-4000 goes up to 40,000 Hertz in Audio Mode at 36 volts.
In RF Mode almost the full frequency range of the GB-4000 goes up to 110 volts. With the SR-4 Amplifier it
goes up to almost 30 watts peak power or over 200 volts.
If you are looking for even more power and want the broadcast method then the M.O.P.A. 207 watt peak power amplifier is what you are looking for. Click on the M.O.P.A. tab and read more about the M.O.P.A.
The Compact Travel Case
The compact travel case is a small compact size that can be shipped to almost any country through the USPS. It is ideal for those who want to be able to carry their GB-4000 and SR-4 amplifier when they fly. It easily fits into the overhead compartments on any airline. It is rugged, light weight and will protect the GB4000 and SR-4 with ease. The price is $140.00.